Pumpkin continues to be in good supply AND QUALITY from North West WA.
Perfect weather for a delicious winter time soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1kg peeled pumpkin, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thin cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat, add onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
- Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches.
- Return soup to pan, stir through cream and reheat gently. Season and add a little more nutmeg if desired.
- Serve with your favourite bread.