- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 1 Tbsp shaoxing Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500g prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 500g snow peas, strings removed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 sprigs of spring onions, white and light green parts, sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl, then add the prawns. Toss to coat. Let sit for 15 to 20 minutes while you prep the peas, ginger, and garlic.
2 Heat a wok or large sauté pan over high heat for 1 minute. Add the peanut oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add the ginger and garlic and toss to combine. Stir-fry for about 30 seconds.
3 Add the prawns and all the marinade to the pan (scrape out all the marinade with a rubber spatula). Add the snow peas, soy sauce and chicken stock. Stir-fry until the prawns turn pink, about 2 minutes. Add the spring onions and stir-fry 1 more minute. Turn off the heat and add the sesame oil. Toss to combine once more and serve with steamed rice.